The following is detailed information about Braeburn International School Mombasa admission requirements,dates and fees structure
Braeburn Mombasa International School welcomes children from all backgrounds. The Primary school caters for children from 2 to 11 years old, and our Secondary school caters for students until they are 18+. While the academic year begins in September, students can join BMIS at any time of the year, if not in an examination year group that can only be done if similar Examination Boards has been taught in the former school. In order to reserve a place at BMIS, you will need to complete the application form and upon receipt of the non-refundable registration fee, an offer will be made by the school in writing (this depends on class places available). Those who cannot be accommodated immediately will be put on a waiting list.
Details of our admissions policy, term dates and fee structure can be found by following the links on this page.
Before starting the admissions process we recommend you visit the school for a tour, or have an informal chat with the headteacher if you are out of the country. Final admission is subject to interview with the headteacher.
Upon successful completion of the admissions process you will receive a letter from the headteacher confirming the placement and the start date.
|Term 3, 2016-2017|
|Term opens||25th April 2017|
|Half term begins||27th May 2017|
|Half term ends||4th June 2017|
|Term ends||7th July 2017|
|Term 1, 2017-2018|
|Term opens||29th August 2017|
|Half term begins||13th October 2017|
|Half term ends||23rd October 2017|
|Term ends||8th December 2017|
|Term 2, 2017-2018|
|Term opens||8th January 2018|
|Half term begins||9th February 2018|
|Half term ends||19th February 2018|
|Term ends||28th March 2018|
|Term 3, 2017-2018|
|Term opens||17th April 2018|
|Half term begins||25th May 2018|
|Half term ends||4th June 2018|
|Term ends||6th July 2018|
Basic fees (2016/2017 academic year)
|Year Group||Annual Tuition Fee (KSh)||Deposit (KSh)|
|Year 1 & 2||590,700||10,000|
|Year 3 to 6||757,200||10,000|
|Year 7 to 9||884,700||10,000|
|Year 12 & 13||1,569,900||10,000|
|Year Group||Annual Lunch Fee (KSh)|
|Year 1 to 6||77,700|
|Year 7 to 13||87,900|
|Year Group||Transport Type||Annual Transport Fee (KSh)|
|Crèche to Year 13||Regular||106,800|
|Crèche to Year 13||Kilifi||117,300|
|Year Group||Boarding Type||Annual Boarding Fee (KSh)||Deposit (KSh)|
|Year 1 to 13||Weekly Boarding||570,900||10,000|
Deposits are charged once on joining the school but must be topped up if deductions are made for losses or breakages. The deposit (or balance thereof) is refundable at the end of a pupil’s final term following clearance by the headteacher.
Year 11, 12 and 13 fees are billed in two tranches in August in December. Fees for all other years are billed in three tranches in August, December and April.
Important information about school fees
- Above Fees indicate costs for Tuition, Lunch, School Transport services, Boarding (where applicable) but do not include Enrolment or any applicable Examinations Fees.
- Applications for placement at the school are only processed on the return of a duly completed registration form and on the payment of a non-refundable registration fee of KSh 2,000/-. In certain Year Groups where vacancies are limited, a 20% advance payment of the tuition fee is payable against the First Term’s invoice. This advance payment is not refundable if confirmed places are not taken up. Children who cannot be accommodated immediately are put on a waiting list.
- Fees above are in Kenya Shillings. The above fees are fully inclusive of all approved textbooks and exercise books.
- Early payment discount: Fees are payable on or before the first day of each term. A discount of 3% on tuition fees is given when full payment is made within 6 days of the due date.
- Family discounts, on tuition fees only are allowed in bills as follows:
2nd Child: 10%
3rd Child: 20%
4th Child: 30%
5th & subsequent Child: 40%
- A surcharge of 1.25% is levied per month for the late payment of fees.
- Activity fees are charged separately and are normally accompanied by an official letter from the headteacher.
- A full term’s notice in writing and the headteacher’s acknowledgement in writing of the same is required for withdrawals else, a full term’s fees are payable in lieu of such notice.
- The Board of Directors reserves the right to alter the fees at five months notice.
Braeburn Mombasa International School
Mombasa – Malindi Road, off Cement Factory/Vescon Road, JCC Road,
P O Box 83009
+254 (0) 20 2026156
+254 (0) 723 846 878