Gold tier is the best tier offered by the British Airways. The tier has the following benefits.
Travel as you’ve always imagined it
You spend a lot of time travelling, and we know your time is precious. So, as a Gold Member, we’ll help you make the most of every second, with exclusive benefits that ensure you can savour some moments of tranquillity and comfort on your journey.
More rewards, sooner
As a Gold Member, you’ll collect 100% more Avios whenever you fly with British Airways. This tier bonus is in addition to the Avios bonuses available for travelling in our premium cabins, bringing you closer to your next reward flight, upgrade, hotel stay or car hire.
Some of our partner airlines also offer tier bonuses, helping you to grow your Avios balance faster. For details, check the individual airlines found on our flight collection page.
Making it easier to spend your Avios
Spending your Avios is one of the most rewarding parts of the Club, and we understand the importance of being able to spend them on the flight you want, when you want. As a Gold Member you’ll get access to additional reward seats in economy cabins at the standard price.
If there is no availability in your chosen cabin or on the flight, with the Gold Priority Reward you have the option of using double the regular Avios to secure a seat of your choice on the flight, providing you book 30 days or more in advance. All you have to do is call us to make the arrangements.
Our First lounges await you and a guest
Gold Members are invited to enjoy the comfort of our luxurious First lounges, specifically designed around your travel needs. Should you want to unwind and recharge, or alternatively do some work before your flight, we think you’ll find our lounges the perfect place to do so away from the hustle and bustle of airport life. As a Gold Member, you can also access the Arrivals lounge at London Heathrow Terminal 5 when travelling on longhaul flights.
Elemis Travel Spas
De-stress and re-energise with complimentary skin therapies and relaxation treatments courtesy of one of the most renowned British spa and skincare brands, available whenever you fly long-haul into or out of London Heathrow and New York JFK*.
*Subject to availability
Putting you in control
Your Gold membership opens up access to worldwide first-class check-in desks and priority boarding — whatever cabin you’re flying in, giving you more time to relax before your flight.
We’ll also work to ensure your plans aren’t disrupted when flights get busy through Reservation Assurance and priority waitlisting.
A tailored service
We’ve included a few thoughtful details to take some of the hassle out of travel for our Gold Members:
- free seat selection from the time of booking for your whole party on British Airways flights – even friends and family on other bookings, as long as they’re in the same travel class and on the same flight* plus exclusive access to 1A and 1K when travelling in First for the Gold Member only
- an additional free checked bag in any travel class for everyone on your booking*
- a weight allowance of 32kg (71lb) per checked bag in any travel class for everyone on your booking*
- no booking or service fees for Priority Reward bookings
- a direct line to our dedicated team of customer support staff for when you need to speak with us (see the back of your membership card for the contact number)
*You must be travelling on the booking (or in the case of free seat selection, one of the bookings) for the benefit to apply. Not available on hand baggage only (Basic) fares or group rate bookings.
Your Gold membership opens up a range of exclusive benefits with several of our partners:
- Mandarin Oriental — room upgrades
- Langham Hotels — complimentary membership to their 1865 elite tier, Voyager
- Avis — complimentary Avis Priority Rental Service, delivering your rental car directly outside the Arrivals Hall at London Heathrow Terminal 5
Keep your Executive Club status while on maternity/paternity/adoption leave
If you are planning on taking maternity/paternity/adoption leave you can apply to keep your BA Gold status even though you take fewer flights during this time. Also, if you enrol your child as part of your household account, we will give them a welcome gift of 1,000 Avios.
To extend the validity of your card for an additional period, all you need to do is send your documentation to us at [email protected]. Once we have verified your documents, we will send you an email confirming the renewal of your status and walk you through how to enrol your child into the Executive Club as part of a household account.
Sharing your Avios
As a Member, you can share your Avios for free with other Members who are on your Family and Friends list, so they can enjoy a reward flight sooner.
You can also create a Household Account for free so that you can pool your Avios with up to six people who live with you, including children.
An upgraded experience
Even with the exceptional rewards of Gold membership, we often find that Members still like something to aim for. That’s why we’ve reserved some of the most exceptional rewards for Gold Members who earn even more Tier Points: upgrade vouchers, a card to the luxurious Concorde Room lounges and three Executive Club Partner Cards. This part of the Club is a very small club indeed. Care to join it?
- At 2,500 Tier Points, we will award you with a voucher that you and a companion can use towards an upgrade to the next cabin of your choice. If you earn 3,500 Tier Points we will award you 2 Gold Upgrade for one vouchers which you can use for yourself or travel with a companion. Upgrades are subject to reward availability in the higher cabin.
- At 5,000 Tier Points, you will receive the Concorde Room Card, your key to the most luxurious and well-appointed lounges at London Heathrow Terminal 5 and New York JFK Terminal 7, the perfect setting for both relaxation and business.
- At 5,000 Tier Points, you will also receive two Executive Club Silver Partner Cards and one Gold Partner Card, so that you can share your benefits with those who matter to you most.
Gold membership for life
Imagine a Gold membership that didn’t expire, no matter how many times you flew or how many Tier Points you earned. That’s exactly what awaits you when you reach 35,000 Lifetime Tier Points. We’ll award you lifetime Gold membership status and automatically renew your membership every year, so all you have to do is keep on enjoying your benefits and privileges.