Central Queensland University is inviting applications for up to 100+ Equity Study Supplement Scholarships in Australia. These scholarships are available to pursue Bachelor programme.
The aim of Scholarships is to provide financial help to the students by giving following expenses: those expenses can include non-deferrable costs such as textbooks, internet connection, course/program specific resources and travel costs associated with compulsory residential schools and unpaid work placements.
Central Queensland University (alternatively known as CQUniversity) is an Australian dual sector university based in Queensland. Its main campus is in North Rockhampton, Queensland. CQUniversity began as the Queensland Institute of Technology (Capricornia) in 1967, and after two years under the name of the University College of Central Queensland, in 1992 became an official university named the University of Central Queensland.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue undergraduate programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships will be awarded in the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: These scholarships will be awarded Up to $1,250.
Number of Scholarships: There are only +100 Scholarships available.
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility: To be eligible to receive the Equity Study Supplement successful applicants must:
- Demonstrate low personal/family income (example. Centrelink payment)
- Be commencing or continuing studies in a Bachelor program at CQUniversity
- Be enrolled at Census date of each term (terms 1 & 2)
- Be a Commonwealth supported student at CQUniversity
- Be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen or holder of an Australian Permanent Visa*
- Not be receiving an Indigenous Commonwealth Scholarship
- Not have received an Equity Study Supplement or Equity Accommodation Scholarship in Term 1, 2017
- NOT receiving a Centrelink Relocation Scholarship or Residential Costs Option
Nationality: Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa; New Zealand Citizen are eligible for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have their previous degree.
English Language Requirements: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English the candidate should have a very good command over English language.
How to Apply: To apply for the Equity Study Supplement:
- Read the Scholarship Guidelines to check for eligibility and documentation needed
- Scholarships will open at 9am on Monday 29th May, 2017 and ALL applications must be submitted online by the closing date, 5pm, Friday 14th July 2017
- Providing correct supporting documentation and successfully completing all fields of the application is very important. This ensures effective and timely assessment of your application. Further information may be required to assess your application. These requests will be communicated direct to student email accounts (current students) or nominated email accounts for future prospective students who are not yet enrolled.
The required supporting documentation will be outlined within the online application form and will differ depending on each applicants personal circumstances. Applications must be submitted using the correct online form and be complete with all necessary supporting documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Possible required documents:
- Centrelink Income Statement – current (How to obtain a Centrelink Income Statement)
- 3 current payslips – including partner’s income if partnered or parent/s if you are under 22 years of age
- Medical report or Centrelink Income Statement in relation to disability, medical condition and carer responsibilities.
- Latest Notice of Assessment (If you or your partner are in receipt of Business Income)
- Most recent Tax Return (If you or your partner are in receipt of Business Income)
- 3 months of personal or business bank account statements
Please note if you are under the age of 22 and not deemed “Independent” by Centrelink we will require income documents from your parent/s.
Application Deadline: The Application Deadline is July 14, 2017.