Uganda People’s Defense Forces (UPDF) recruitment exercise happens about twice half a decade, meaning every two years the force must recruit to replace those who leave the service and those who perish through natural attrition.
The force recruited over 3,000 soldiers in 2016,it’s expected to recruit again in 2018.
If you intend to join UPDF, here are basic requirements:
- You must be a Ugandan Citizen
- You must be physically fit and in perfect health condition. During recruitment you must be ready to undergo medical examination.
- You must be aged 18-25 and with no children and wife/husband. This will ensure you are only committed to your work.
- Once you join the service you must work for at least four years before you are allowed to enter into marriage commitment
- You must be of good conduct with no criminal records
- You must present your academic certificates during recruitment
- You should have letters of recommendation from LCI and LCIII
- Gombolola Internal Security Officers must present signed letters to confirm their conduct
Once you have met all the qualifications, you will be recruited and taken to an intensive training that lasts between 1 to 2 years. After the training, you will be deployed.
One thing you should note is that to join the force is not easy because of the high number of people who apply for the limited opportunities which are normally advertised. The best advice I can give you is;before you apply please try to know someone within UPDF.This person will help you join the force.