Several banks in Uganda offer fixed deposit account services. This particular account is the best for anyone who is planning to save for a long period of time since it attracts attractive interest rates. We provide minimum account opening balance, interest rates and benefits of opening this account in various banks in Uganda
POST BANK UGANDA MINIMUM FIXED DEPOSIT ACCOUNT OPENING BALANCE, INTEREST RATES AND BENEFITS
This is a unique product, tailored for people who want to build financial muscle by fixing their deposits.
- No charges at all
- Interest of up to 10%, for balances of up to OGX 100-499M, negotiable for balances above 500M
- Can borrow up to 100% against the deposit
- Attractive interest rates lower than prevailing bank rates.
- Proper identification (identity card or passport, driving permit etc)
- Two recent passport size photographs
- Minimum amount to fix 1,000,000
- Valid mailing and physical address
- Complete account opening requirements
- Existing customers only need a valid ID and two passport photos
CENTENARY BANK UGANDA FIXED DEPOSIT ACCOUNT OPENING BALANCE AND INTEREST RATES
Account where a customer’s deposits are fixed for an agreed period of time subject to no withdrawals before the elapse of the period. Interest income will be forfeited for cash withdrawals made before maturity period.
- Minimum amount to be fixed is UShs. 300,000/=.
- Maximum amount to be fixed is open.
- Can be held in both local and foreign currencies.
- Cash withdrawals personally made to the account by holders.
- Account earns interest at a rate higher than that applied on savings account .
- Account can be liquidated any time on notice.
- Account can be pledged as collateral for loans.
- Renewable on maturity of 3,6, 12 months
• Rates are negotiable
STANDARD CHARTERED BANK UGANDA FIXED DEPOSIT ACCOUNT MINIMUM ACCOUNT BALANCE, INTEREST RATES AND FEATURES
Fixed Deposit Account Features
- Fixed interest is calculated on the balance for the duration of the term
- Interest can be:
- Rolled over with the deposit upon maturity or,
- Credited to your current or savings account upon maturity.
- If deposit is broken before maturity, the interest on the deposit will be forfeited.
- Investment can be pledged as security
- Access to personal loans and overdrafts equivalent to 80% of balance on Fixed Deposit
- Minimum deposit of Ugx 10m
High Yield Fixed Deposit Account Features
- Available in Uganda Shillings only
- Attractive higher interest rates
- Minimum tenure of 12 months
- A minimum deposit of Ugx 25 Million
- Optional monthly / quarterly / yearly interest payments into a current or savings account
- Interest is paid into the corresponding Current or Savings account
You can seek advice on interest rates of your deposits by contacting the Contact Centre or by speaking to your Relationship Manager.
How to Apply
- Original & photocopy of national ID / passport and work permit (non-nationals)
- 1 recent coloured passport size photograph
- Proof of residential address through
- Electricity/water bill in your name or
- Current tenancy lease agreement in your name
EQUITY BANK UGANDA FIXED INTEREST RATES MINIMUM ACCOUNT OPENING BALANCE AND INTEREST RATES
Equity Call & Fixed Deposit Account provides a high yielding interest opportunity on investment.
It is available to individuals, businesses, companies, groups, churches and organizations.
- Minimum deposit of UGX 1,000,000/=
- Attractive interest rates
- No account maintetence fees
- Flexible investment periods of 1,3,6,12 & 24 months
- Funds transfer through EFT possible
- Interest is forfeited on premature withdrawal of funds
- Flexible investment period
2. Access to loans against the deposit
3. Automatic roll-over investment facility
Original and copy of identification document (passport, voter’s card, driver’s licence or national ID)
DFCU BANK UGANDA FIXED DEPOSIT ACCOUNT INTEREST RATES AND MINIMUM ACCOUNT OPENING BALANCE
Our Fixed Deposit Accounts, suit those entrepreneurs looking to invest significant funds for a specific period of time at a fixed rate of interest.
- Interest can be paid out monthly
- Competitive Interest rate
- Discounted borrowing rates should you use funds held as collateral
- Risk free way to invest idle funds
- Investment option available in different currencies
HOUSING FINANCE BANK UGANDA FIXED DEPOSIT ACCOUNT MINIMUM ACCOUNT OPENING BALANCE AND INTEREST RATES
Account where a customer’s deposits are fixed for the agreed period of time subject to non-withdrawals before the elapse of the period. Interest income will be forfeited for withdrawals made before maturity period.
- Savings fixed deposit account ideal for short and long term, i.e. 3, 6 or 12 months
- Minimum amount to be fixed is UGX 1,000,000
- Deposits are made once at the start of the saving period
- No bank charges
- Certificate of deposit can be used as a guarantee to apply for a loan.
- Account earns interest depending on the amount and period
- Account can be liquidated any time on notice
- Account can be pledged as collateral for loans.
- Proper identification documents i.e. valid ID, Passport or driving license
- Instructions to open a fixed deposit account.
- Limited Liability Company/ Associations/Groups
- Memorandum of Association
- Management resolution
FINCA BANK UGANDA FIXED DEPOSIT ACCOUNT MINIMUM ACCOUNT OPENING BALANCE AND INTEREST RATES
Where your money works for you
Let’s grow your money the easy way. Enjoy competitive interest rates with out fixed deposit account.
- This account is designed to suit the needs of entrepreneurs who wish to accomplish a specific goal in a specific period of time.
- Individuals and companies that wish to save money for a long period of time without withdrawing it.
- Individuals and companies that wish to watch their money multiply as a result of high interest accruals.
- This account can be accessed by any Individual Adults above 18 years.
Start saving toward your special goal
- With a minimum opening balance of Shs. 100,000 start your journey to realizing your medium to long term goal.
- The longer you fix, the higher the returns.
- You can rest assured that your money is safe and secure.
Reap the benefits from your FINCA Fixed Account
- Enjoy competitive and fixed interest rates of up to 12% p.a.*
- Flexible fixed periods starting from 1 to 12 months
- No account management fees
- Access to your funds on maturity
- On expiry, deposit can be liquidated or renewed
- Can be used as security for loan facilities
- Certificate of deposit is issued to you
*Interest rate will be dependent on market conditions.
BANK OF AFRICA UGANDA FIXED DEPOSIT ACCOUNT MINIMUM ACCOUNT OPENING BALANCE AND INTEREST RATES
Funds are placed for a specific period and interest is paid on maturity of the deposit. The deposit can be re- invested or paid out according to clients instructions, but if contract is terminated before maturity, interest is forfeited. It can also be use as security for accessing and loan facility.
Features and Benefits of Fixed Deposits
- Account is available in a variety of currencies UGX, USD, GBP and EURO
- For UGX accounts a minimum deposit of UGX 1,000,000
- Funds can be fixed on the account for term periods of 3,6 or 12 months depending on your choice of period
- Withdrawal of funds before the maturity date results into forfeiture of interest earned
- Interest is paid on maturity and provides a source for extra income
- There are no charges on the account
- Funds in your fixed deposit account can be used to secure loans and overdrafts
- Funds maybe budgeted for future use
TROPICAL BANK UGANDA FIXED DEPOSIT ACCOUNT MINIMUM DEPOSIT AND INTEREST RATES
This is the ideal investment instrument for Short to long Term (1-12 months)
- Individuals/Companies and legally accepted entities can hold Fixed Deposits.
- Period of Deposit is pre-arranged (minimum 1 month & maximum 12 months.)
- No upper limit for investment.
- You would get competitive Interest rates based on market rates. Special rates for high volume deposits and long durations can be negotiated.
Want to draw your deposit before the agreed period?
No problem, but a reduced interest payment would apply, depending on the completed period. In the alternative, you can get a loan/overdraft facility against the deposit with our products listed below
- Business Club
- Stand by Overdraft
ORIENT BANK UGANDA MINIMUM FIXED DEPOSIT BALANCE AND INTEREST RATES
At Orient Bank we understand that different groups or segments of our clients may require different products to suit their exact needs. With our Sapphire Banking product offering, you are guaranteed specialized and personalized solutions to grow your investments and a spicing to your banking life with superb service experiences. You will concur that Sapphire Banking is not just banking, but an experience! As a Sapphire Banking customer, you are automatically registered for the Sapphire Banking Club.
- Opened for individuals only. Should have monthly income above 8million.
- Also open to individuals maintaining deposits or investments of over 100m with the bank.
- Minimum (opening) balance is UGX 5,000,000 (or 100,000 if salaried)
- Offered tiered interest rates of up to 12% dependent on amount
- Only charged a flat monthly fee of UGX 40,000
- Attracts a ‘minimum balance’ violation penalty.
- A dedicated skilled Relationship Manager to oversee the banking relationship, cater for your interests and offer financial advice where required.
- Banking in a special suite that includes private tellers, private meeting rooms and an inviting lounge creating an environment favorable for your best comfort while at our premises. You are nonetheless accorded priority service at all other branches.
- An international “Infinite” VISA debit card with “Chip & PIN” technology offering:
- Higher ATM cash withdrawal and debit card limits
- Access to emergency services with Visa’s GCAS
- Ability to make purchases/cash withdrawals at VISA-enabled POS terminals and ATMs worldwide.
- Pre-qualification for an American Express Card
- Pre-qualification for an unsecured salary loan
- Higher Term Loan and Overdraft limits with favorable pricing and faster approvals
- Preferential rates on Fixed Deposits
- Ability to negotiate for competitive FX rates
- Parking sticker for parking designated exclusively for Sapphire Banking clients
- Membership privileges such as discounts for services and Life & Travel Insurance
- Special privileges extended to spouses and up to 3 biological children
- Free monthly statements and cheque books
- No ATM withdrawal charges*
- Free inter-account transfers*
- Access to Orient Bank’s e-banking channel
- Free Investment Advice by Orient’s in-house Brokers, Equity Stock Brokers (ESB)
- Facilitation by ESB of investments in shares listed on the Uganda Securities Exchange.