If you are planning to take your child to GEMS Cambridge International School Nairobi, below is the admission requirements as explained by the school. The admission can be done by personally visiting the school or through online.
This is the admission requirement as explained by the school:
We aim to make the admissions process here at the GEMS Cambridge International School – Nairobi, as simple, straightforward and stress free as it can be. Every prospective GEMS student is admitted inline with the Education Ministry’s regulations and the GEMS admission policy.
When considering your child for a place at GEMS Cambridge International School, Nairobi, we interview both you and your young learner. There will be also be an age related placement test for your child to sit, just to make sure we fit them into the right level of education.
Throughout the admissions process, we ensure there is no undue pressure placed on your child. Looking at previous school reports is a great way to learn a little bit more about them without the need for further testing.
Our step-by-step registration process
Step 2: Once you have completed the online application form, you will then be sent your unique enquiry number. You will need this enquiry number for all future correspondence so please either print a copy of the receipt or write it down and keep it safe. You will then receive an email detailing the next steps in the admissions process.
Step 3: The next step is to pay a one-off registration fee of 100 USD, details of which will be provided in the email. This fee is non-refundable, non-transferrable and non-deductible, and covers the cost of administering your application.
To proceed with the application you must pay the registration fee and submit the following documents:
- Two copies of your child’s passport or government issued document
- Two copies of both parents’ / legal guardians’ passports containing your residency visa (if applicable)
- Five recent passport photos of your child (on photographic paper and against a white background please)
- Copies of your child’s last two school reports (in English) for children entering Year 1 and above
- A leaving certificate from the child’s previous school
- Full details of any special educational needs, individual education plans (IEPs) or reports from educational psychologists or other educational therapists they have seen (it is essential their entire educational is submitted before a place can be offered). Please complete the Learning Needs Questionnaire.
- Two copies of your child’s birth certificate (in English)
- Full details of all vaccinations and immunisations your child has received
- A completed medical form and a copy of your child’s medical history
Please note: a completed application submission does not guarantee your child a place at our school.
Step 4: Once steps 1-3 have been completed, you will then be contacted by the school registrar to arrange a convenient time to meet a member of our senior leadership team.
Terms and conditions
Once your initial enquiry has been submitted, our school registrar will be happy to help you complete all the relevant paperwork relating to your registration. And of course, GEMS Cambridge International School, Nairobi considers all applications equally, regardless of your child’s ethnicity, nationality, gender or religion.
To meet the requirements of the admission policy at GEMS Cambridge International School, Nairobi , your child must have turned the age listed next to the grade level by 1st September.
|Grade/Year||Age (years)||Grade/Year||Age (years)||Grade/Year||Age (years)|
|FS1||3||Year 4||8||Year 9||13|
|FS2||4||Year 5||9||Year 10||14|
|Year 1||5||Year 6||10||Year 11||15|
|Year 2||6||Year 7||11||Year 12||16|
|Year 3||7||Year 8||12||Year 12||17|
At the GEMS Cambridge International School – Nairobi, we always endeavour to place your child in the most appropriate grade for their age, academic, emotional and social development. For this reason, your child may be asked to complete an appropriate assessment to determine the best fit.
Before your child can be offered a place at GEMS CIS Nairobi, we must see official documentation (in English) from all their previous schools, including report cards and test scores. If necessary, we will request a translation from the Consulate in the country of their previous school to meet our admission guidelines.
If you want to do admission online, click on the link below.