The University of Cape Town is offering Masters Scholarship in “Testing the WHO Age-Friendly Primary Health Care Toolkit to improve care for older patients.”
The Albertina and Walter Sisulu Institute of Ageing in Africa (IAA) was established at the University of Cape Town in April 2001. The institute incorporates the University’s Division of Geriatric Medicine, the Neurosciences, Neuropsychology, Old Age Psychiatry, and a Gerontology Programme.
Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing master’s programme.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in “Testing the WHO Age-Friendly Primary Health Care Toolkit to improve care for older patients.”
Scholarship Award: The value of the scholarship is R40,000 per annum with a tenure of two years starting in 2017.
Scholarship can be taken in South Africa
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for the scholarship:
- The successful incumbent should have a four-year undergraduate/honours degree from health sciences or an MBChB.
- Successful candidates will be required to comply with the approved policies, procedures and practices for funding for the postgraduate sector at the University of Cape Town.
- The fellowship will be tenable at the IAA in the Department of Medicine.
- The incumbent will work under the supervision of Associate Sebastiana Kalula; Director of the IAA
- Applications are accepted until the position is filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Nationality: The scholarship is open only to South African citizens and permanent residents.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have undergraduate degree.
How to Apply: To apply, please e-mail the below documents to [email protected]
- A letter describing the applicant’s research interest, indicating how these align with the research area outlined above.
- A detailed CV including publications if any
- Copies of all academic transcripts and certificates for previous degrees
- The names and contact details of two academic referees with whom the applicant has worked
Application Deadline: The application deadline is June 19, 2017.