The Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority (KHEAA) is pleased to announce the Work Ready Kentucky Scholarship. A high school or GED graduate students who have not earned an associate’s degree or higher are considered to apply for the scholarship. The program helps Kentuckians who have not yet earned an associate’s degree afford an industry-recognized certificate or diploma.The mission of the KHEAAis expanding educational opportunities by providing financial and informational resources that enable Kentuckians to attain their higher education goals.The Scholarship will pay your tuition for short-term, career-related certificates in fields where there are good paying jobs.
The Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority (KHEAA)is a public corporation and governmental agency and instrumentality of the Commonwealth established in 1966 to improve students’ access to higher education. To that end, KHEAA administers several financial aid programs and disseminates information about higher education opportunities.
To eligible, students must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Be a Kentucky resident
- Be a high school or GED graduate
- Have not earned an associate’s degree or higher
- Be enrolled, or accepted for enrollment, at an eligible postsecondary institution in an approved program of study that leads to an industry-recognized certificate, credential, or diploma in a high-demand workforce sector.
- Qualifying areas for the 2017-2018 year are health care, advanced manufacturing, transportation/logistics, business services/IT, and construction.
How to Apply:
To apply for the scholarship, the applicant must follow the given points:
- Find your programhttps://www.kheaa.com/pdf/wrks_approved_programs.pdf and Apply to KCTCShttps://students.kctcs.edu/psc/stdsaprd/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/COMMUNITY_ACCESS.K_OLA_LANDING_NUR.GBL?&Campus=KCTCS&
- KCTCS has more Work Ready Kentucky Scholarship eligible certificates than any other Kentucky college or university.
- You will need to complete the Free Application for Student Federal Aid (FASFA) https://fafsa.ed.gov/
- Any tuition not covered by federal and state aid is what will be covered by the Work Ready Kentucky Scholarship.
- Apply for the Work Ready Kentucky Scholarship through the given link: https://www.kheaa.com/website/kheaa/work_ready?main=1
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- Funds are awarded on a firstcome, firstserved basis by WRKS application date.
- Amount equals tuition amount minus federal and state grants and scholarships, up to the maximum amount.
- Maximum amount shall not exceed the in-state tuition and fees rate for full-time enrollment at the Kentucky Community and Technical College System.
- Estimated near $3,900 for the 2017-2018 year.
The Work Ready Kentucky Scholarship is a First-come, first served scholarship. So apply early to make sure you don’t miss your chance to get ahead, tuition free!