NIC Bank provides online banking for customers where you can withdraw, save and transact money through your online account. This platform is secure and more convenient especially when you don’t have much time to physically visit their branches for banking.
Most important things required for you to perform online banking
One Time Password OTP
For you to be able to access your online banking account, you require a One Time Password. To access multiple online banking accounts, you will need to download the active identity app on multiple devices.
One Time Password is required for you to be able to access your online banking account. Kindly follow the steps below:
- Download the active identity application.
2. Go to your application store on your device (mobile phone or tablet) and search for ActivID Token or ActivIdentity 4TRESS Token.
- For IPhone users, click here to download the app from itunes
- For Windows phone users, to get the active identity app click here
- For Android users, click here to download the app
- You can also download HID Token on Android here
- For Blackberry users, download the app from here
- To download the active identity software on your Windows Computer, click here
- Download/Install the app and open the application.
4. SMS the 16 digit serial number displayed to 20488 or email us at [email protected] and our Online Activation Team will contact you and advise.
Point to Note: To access multiple online banking accounts, you will need to download the active identity app on multiple devices
The most important thing to note when you are doing online banking is security of your account. Without securing your account, someone can access it and steal all your money.
Computers and mobile devices have become part of our lives as they can be accessed anytime and anywhere. While you are online it is important for you to take the necessary precautions to protect yourself against various risks like identity theft, loss of personal or financial data etc.
How can you protect yourself online?
- DO NOT open attachments or install free software from unknown sources; this may expose your computer and the information on it to fraudsters.
- Be wary of unsolicited emails or phone calls asking you for PINs or passwords – NIC bank would never ask for these.
- Always type NIC bank’s address into your web browser or access it from your stored list of favorites – never follow a link sent to you in an email and then enter your personal details.
- A locked padlock or unbroken key symbol should always appear in your browser window when banking online. The ‘http’ at the beginning of the website address will change to ‘https’ when a secure connection is made.
How can you protect your devices?
- Consider using a screen lock on your mobile device. Many mobile phones offer this option, as well as other customizable security settings, which can help keep your phone and information secure.
- Do not use your computer or mobile device to store sensitive personal information or bank account numbers. Always click “no” when asked if you want the device/application to remember your password.
- Never respond to urgent emails claiming to be from NIC bank or any company that requests your account information or personal details. Forward the email to our Contact Center for verification.
- Keep your computer operating system and web browser up to date with the latest software and security downloads. These may be called “patches” or “service packs” and should be installed as soon as possible.
- Install a comprehensive Firewall/Antivirus/Anti-spyware software package on your computer and mobile device. These software suites help detect and remove viruses and spyware which can steal your personal information.
- Keep your computer up-to-date with antivirus software, operating system patches, firewalls etc. and ensure your browser is set to the highest level of security.
- Do not install free software programs and games on computers and mobile devices you use for online or mobile banking. Most free software contain malicious code designed to steal your personal information.
Phishing (pronounced as “fishing”) is a fraudulent attempt, usually made through email, to steal your personal information e.g. usernames, passwords, PINs, credit card numbers, bank account numbers etc. The best way to protect yourself from phishing is to learn how to recognize it.
The following are some qualities that identify a phishing email:
- Phishing emails will purport to be from your bank, popular social web sites, online payment processors, IT administrators etc.
- Phishing emails may contain links that direct users to enter details at a fake website whose look and feel are almost identical to the legitimate one.
- Phishing emails will often threaten some action unless you do what they are asking. They may threaten that your account will be suspended or deleted, or that you will be unable to transact in the future.
- Phishing emails also promise free things such as mobile phones, money, and other gifts. Remember, if anyone is offering anything for free, you are the product.
How can you prevent phishing attacks?
- Check the source of information from incoming mails – NIC bank will never ask you to send your passwords or any other personal information by mail. Never respond to these questions, and if you have the slightest doubt, call NIC bank directly for clarification.
- Never go to NIC bank’s website by clicking on links included in your emails as it might direct you to a fraudulent website. Type in the URL directly into your browser or use bookmarks / favorites if you want to go faster.
- Phishing doesn’t only pertain to online banking, it can also use any popular website such as eBay, Facebook, PayPal, etc. to steal personal data.
- Phishing knows no boundaries, and can reach you in any language. In general, they’re poorly written or translated, so this may be another indicator that something is wrong.
- The best way to prevent phishing is to consistently reject any email or news that asks you to provide confidential data. Delete these emails and NIC bank to clarify any doubts
Since you have read what is required to perform online banking through NIC bank, you can approach the bank for the service.