The Research Team
Standard investment Bank is a leading Investment Bank and Stockbroker in East Africa reputed as a centre of excellence in delivery of knowledgeable personalized customer service and the highest quality in corporate finance and advisory services in the most efficient and effective manner customized to enhance our shareholders and stakeholders` value.The research team comprises of:
||ROLE, ACADEMIC, PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS, MEMBERSHIPS
|Head of Research and Investment Analysis
- 2010, Awarded CFA Charter (CFAÂ®)
- 2005, Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) Member
- 2005,Bachelor of commerce (Finance Major) honours degree from the University of Nairobi
Francis is a qualified Chartered Accountant (UK) and a Finance Major Graduate, with over five years post-qualification experience in Equity and Fixed income valuation. He also holds the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFAÂ®) designation.
He was previously at African Alliance, where he was responsible for valuation and issuance of investment recommendations covering; the Kenyan Banking Sector, Tanzanian Banking Sector, East Africa Cement Industry, East African Utility Sector, East African Brewing Industry and East African Tourism Sector. Some of his roles entail institutional client relationship management and origination of corporate finance transactions.
He previously worked at Dry Associates Investment Bank as an investment analyst, responsible for origination and placement of commercial papers, preparation of information memoranda for commercial paper issuers and review of the Kenyan fixed income market; and at CFC Bank as a Graduate Trainee where he acquired extensive experience across the various banking departments.
Years in Industry â€“ 6
|Senior Research Analyst
- Ongoing â€“ Masters in Information Systems , Strathmore University, Nairobi, Kenya
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, UK, 2010, CIMA Advanced Diploma in Management Accounting
- Kenya School of Monetary Studies, 2008, Associate of Kenya Institute of Bankers
- Kenyatta University, Nairobi, 2003, Bachelor of Commerce (Banking and Finance)
Eric Musau recently joined Standard Investment Bank Ltd as a Senior Research Analyst, specifically covering equities in the Kenyan market as an analyst for five years.
Key highlights of his skills are listed below:
- Skilled at analyzing company performance and strategy, trends in markets, and making presentations of the findings to would be clients in the form of company research reports as well as fixed income and economic reports
- Relationship development expertise that complements the ability to build a solid client base especially driven by experience in advising institutional clients.
- Knowledge of law, especially banking and finance law; leveraging this skill to build a sustainable business model that complies with regulatory authorities and professional practice.
- Diversified skill set developed from various work experience and specific trainings including, on rapid e-learning applications covering areas such as Islamic Finance, Commodities and Private Equity
Years in Industry â€“ 8 year
- 2012, Level 2 candidate in the Chartered Financial Analyst program (CFAÂ®)
- 2009,Bachelor of commerce (Finance Major) honours degree from Catholic University of Eastern Africa
- 2008, Certified Public Accountant (CPAK) Member
Brenda is a qualified Certified Public Accountant (CPAK) and a Finance Major Graduate, with 1 and a half years post-qualification experience in Equity valuation. She is also a Level 2 candidate in the Chartered Financial Analyst program (CFAÂ®)
She was previously at Old Mutual Securities, where she was responsible for valuation and issuance of investment recommendations covering; the Kenyan Banking Sector, Brewing Industry, Telecoms Sector, the Airline Industry and economic research. Some of her roles entail institutional client relationship management.
Years in Industry â€“ 1.5