The Synchromedia research group organizes PhD Scholarship program in Canada. The programme is open to Canadian students to apply for research in big data processing and management in smart community.
The aim of the scholarship is to enable and encourage academically able students from Canada.
The Synchromedia research group works on a wide diversity of pertinent research areas. It also consists of several professors, researchers, and graduate students. the group has been awarded a $4 million CFI grant to build a Pan-Canadian Consortium.
Course Level: The scholarship is available to pursue PhD.
Study Subject: The scholarship is awarded in big data processing and management in smart community.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship will cover the following:
- The successful candidate will be working at the Synchromedia Lab, renowned by world-class projects in cloud computing, such as PanLab, HPDMNet, Canarie’s GreenStar Network, Ericsson’s Green Sustainable Telco Cloud, Ciena’s Smart V-WAN Hypervisor, and Canada Research Chair on Smart Sustainable Eco-Cloud. He/she will receive a yearly stipend from the research funds provided by Ericsson and NSERC. He/she will also obtain valuable experience through internships at Ericsson Research Center at Montreal, the largest R&D centre in North America of the world’s #1 telecommunications provider.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in Canada
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for the scholarship:
- Strong background data mining, data storage, big data processing and management
- Good knowledge in optimization algorithms
- Excellent programming skills
- Good communication and writing skills
Nationality: Canadian applicants are eligible for the scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must possess a strong background in data mining, data storage, big data processing and management.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply by post.
- Applications shall include a CV, transcripts, and a cover letter.
Application Deadline: Contact Employer